DIY: How to Make a Marble Candle Holder
- A CD or DVD you no longer want or need
- Glue - I started with E-6000 for the base, but after the first layer, I used a hot glue gun which worked much better
- Start by gluing marbles in a circle on the CD, staying close to the edge.
- Make sure when gluing, you not only glue to the base, but to the marble next to it as well.
- Glue marbles until you make a complete circle.
- Let the first layer dry, then start another layer by stacking them in the gaps between the base marbles. This is when I switched to using the glue gun.
- Continue to do this until you make it as tall as you want. I found that using hot glue made it so the glue dried almost immediately and the project went very fast.
- After you have finished, let it sit and dry.
- When candle holder is dry, place a candle inside and put it to use! The reflective covering of the CD will amplify the light through the marbles.
I hope you've enjoyed this DIY! As always, if you have an questions or comments, please feel free to post them in the comments. Also, feel free to post other uses and show what you've made!
About the Author:
You might also like